Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beauty Essentials

  These are some of my favorite and must-have beauty basics.
Neutrogena One Step Gentle Cleanser:  I have always been admittedly pretty bad at removing my make-up.  This cleanser, however, is so gentle and removes make-up like a dream.  I've never had foundation and eye make-up come off so cleanly!  A cleanser and make-up remover in one?  Perfect.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub:  This face wash makes my skin feel good and refreshed after a use it.  I also like that it smells so good.  I use it in the morning when I take a shower to help me wake up a little bit.
Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint:  Moisturizers are a must for me, and the fact that this one is tinted is even better.  Not only does this moisturizer prevent me from getting dry skin during the day, it also can double as a foundation.  If I have an early day at school or decide to go to the gym, I just use this moisturizer and add a swipe of mascara and I'm good to go.
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse:  I have tested a lot of foundations in my life.  I've used powders and liquids, but I think that Maybelline's mousse foundation is my all time favorite.  It gives me amazing coverage and that airbrushed look as advertised.  Paired on top of my moisturizer, my skin feels extra creamy and dreamy.
Maybelline Volum' Express One By One in Blackest Black:  I am fortunately very blessed with already long lashes, so I really don't need to look for expensive or fancy mascaras.  I'm pretty impartial as long as it gives me more volume!  I have loved all of the Maybelline mascaras that have come out from the green and pink bottles to even the purple bottles (you know what I'm talking about).  These mascaras are affordable and do just what I need them to do.
TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray:  I use heat on my hair every single day whether it's from blow-drying and/or using hot irons.  I used to just do my hair without ever thinking of protecting it, and that was a huge mistake.  Slowly but surely I gained build-up, static, and breakage.  Nowadays, I'm more careful about what products I use in my hair.  On top of using the TRESemme Thermal Creations shampoo and conditioners, I always use the heat tamer spray.  It smells great, makes my hair feel soft and shiny, and saves it from distress.
Softlips Chapstick:  My lips are always chapped, so having chapstick is a necessity.  I like the Softlips chapsticks because of how thin they are and they actually seem to work.  My current favorite is in Pearl.
Pure Ice Black Rage Nail Polish:  Maybe I have a little bit of a dark side, but I love black nail polish.  As long as it isn't chipped, I think it looks so sophisticated and goes with basically everything I wear.  I also think it makes me look a little tanner sometimes, but that could just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment