Saturday, May 7, 2011

Salutations

 Most blogs will start with a friendly, "Hello, I'm so-and-so."  That's typical and I like to think that I'm atypical.  A standard blog, journal entry, introductory speech, what have you will usually start off with basics such as
-my favorite color is yellow
-I grew up in California, but currently live in Washington
-I enjoy fashion, but live on a poor college student's budget
-I aspire to be a dentist
Ok, well now that I've gone through a few basic "about me's" I thoroughly sound like a hypocrite.  Is not the point of a blog to let the world know who you are?  Why start off my first entry going on and on about me when I have eternity for you to get to know me through this amazing cyber diary?
 I don't think that I am a particularly interesting person, but I'll let you be the judge of that.  So why make a blog?  Well, just because I think my life is currently fairly mediocre, I do like to entertain and express.  Who knows, maybe doing this will also spice my life up.  It'll force me to look at the world through a new lens.  I will have to find new and exciting things to do just so that I have something to share.  I must take the time to see what I truly appreciate in life and put forth that I know just how good things really are.
 Being 20 years old, I realize that I am now an adult and a new person.  Will I be the same person in the next 10 years?  Definitely not, but it will be interesting to see how much I have changed, what has changed, and what exactly I have accomplished in a seemingly short period of time.
 Throughout my whole life, I've loved the idea of mixed media.  I always put together collages using magazine clippings, pictures, glitter, ribbons, anything!  I have one confession that must come out now: I have been cheating; I have another blog, but that one is more personal and serves as an inspiration space.  I like the idea of mood boards, but since I don't have the time to put them together, I use my other blog to post pictures of things that inspire me, music that makes me feel, quotes that move me, and thoughts that need to be leaked.  That is a strictly selfish blog, whereas this one is one that I want to share.  I want you to want to know about me, and like I said earlier, be entertained as I express my goofy, shy, awkward self.  You will see who I am in various ways whether it be of pictures that I post of my day, recipes that I'm dying to try, new music that I like to start my day off with, outfits that I'm obsessed with, and most importantly, thoughts that I want to "jot" down.
 So I must end this first entry with a "welcome and salutations."  I hope you enjoy and I hope you share with me.  No matter how old you are, I'm hoping that by seeing me grow as a person will help you grow as well.

We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves. -May Lamberton Becker

No comments:

Post a Comment