Sunday, May 15, 2011

Leggings

  Lately I have been lazy when it comes to dressing.  Even though it's spring, I am not blessed with the 80-degree California weather that so many of my friends and family have.  It's still cold here in Washington.  In fact, it's raining rather heavily today.  I had to bring my tulip plant in before all the petals blew off.  I think that leggings are an essential wardrobe essential, and right now is the perfect time to bust them out.  They are lightweight, but warm enough for the cool weather.  I like that I can dress them up or wear them casually as I often do.  I prefer my leggings to be grey and in a stirrup fashion, but that's my personal preference.  Here are a few ways I would wear my leggings:
Casual (One pair of leggings, two ways)

H M denim jacket 
30 GBP - hm.com

   
H m 
9.99 GBP - hm.com
Old navy legging 
$10 - oldnavy.gap.com
Keds canvas sneaker 
$30 - nordstrom.com
Ecote cross body bag 
$20 - urbanoutfitters.com
H m sunglass 
6.99 GBP - hm.com

  There's nothing better than a denim jacket.  I'm seriously obsessed with this wardrobe staple for spring.  Wear it over a cute shirt with your leggings and you're good to go!
Untitled
TIME X9 knit cardigan
$15 - yesstyle.com

Dorothy Perkins coral blouse
18 GBP - dorothyperkins.com

Old navy legging
$10 - oldnavy.gap.com

H M leather sandal
12 GBP - hm.com

Logo tote bag
$38 - bloomingdales.com

White House Black Market crystal necklace
$40 - whitehouseblackmarket.com

Bezel watch
$30 - macys.com

H M metal ring 
3.99 GBP - hm.com
   I really like pairing my leggings with a bright cardigan and a bright button-up shirt.  To add a little sparkle and shine, I would wear metallic jewelry, especially a statement necklace.
Untitled
Dorothy Perkins short white cardigan
23 GBP - dorothyperkins.com

Dorothy Perkins sleeveless top
28 GBP - dorothyperkins.com

Old Navy stretch legging
$10 - oldnavy.gap.com

Forever21 mary jane pumps
$25 - forever21.com

H M leather handbag
2.99 GBP - hm.com

Voom metal jewelry
$12 - modcloth.com




  Lastly, I really like the idea of wearing a flowy blouse over my leggings.  To keep things fun and trendy, I would wear an interesting pair of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment