Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Skirts and Pullovers

  I have been so inspired by Theyskens's Theory Resort 2012 Collection.  I especially love the ensembles that incorporate easy pullovers and breezy skirts.  This has seriously become one of my go-to outfits.  Here I have put together a few looks that I'm currently loving:
skirts and pullovers

Gucci vneck sweater
$438 - net-a-porter.com

Dries Van Noten sequin top
335 GBP - harveynichols.com

Elizabeth and James pullover sweater
$330 - my-wardrobe.com

Rag Bone long sleeve top
$122 - stylebop.com

Antik Batik long skirt
157 EUR - antikbatik.fr

Button skirt
$50 - lespommettes.com

Madewell full skirt
$68 - madewell.com

$45 - topshop.com
  I think the best way to wear this look is to make sure you play with lengths.  You don't want to look like you are being swallowed in fabric.  I prefer a longer pullover and to just have the hem of a semi-flared skirt peek out from underneath to extra flirtiness and of course some length to cover my bum.  I like that this look is simple and casual.  Summers are a little cooler up North, so it's fine to wear long sleeves with shorter skirts and still feel comfortable.  Here are some more affordable options that I love:
1. Zara Lurex Jumper - $39.90
2. H&M Patterned Skirt - £12.99
3. Zara Colored Miniskirt - $39.90
4. F21 Oversized Pointelle Sweater - $22.80
5. H&M Floral Skirt - £4.99
6. UO Silence and Noise Zippered Mini - $48.00
7. UO Ecote Bucle Open Back Sweater - $49.00
8. LuLu*s Out of This World Gold Skirt - $47.00

2 comments:

  1. That Antik Batik skirt has my name on it.

    Just discovered your blog, would love it if you stopped by mine sometime.

    Andrea x
    andreareh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeee this look and I am obsessing with the velvet shoes from Theory too! Cute blog I am following, hope you will too, Pearl x

    http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete