Thursday, June 2, 2011

Scarves for Spring


  Scarves are often thought of as utilitarian for keeping us warm in the winter.  However, scarves are a great way to spruce up a look in the spring as well, especially since there are so many different prints, colors, and textures.  People have been wearing beautiful scarves for all occasions and in many ways for such a long time now.  I myself have experimented with different scarf folding techniques, but it wasn't until today that I came upon some really awesome (and to me new and different) ways to wear scarves that I was dying to try.

  I actually have this really beautiful scarf that I haven't worn in years.  I can't believe I left this treasure stuffed in a bag in my closet.  The colors are exquisite and go perfectly with some many things in my neutral-dominant closet.
  I first experimented with wearing it as a turband.  I have my own black head wrap from H&M that I love, but I thought it would be great to know how to create one for myself out of virtually any scrap of fabric.  This look didn't quite go with my hair today.  I was being fussy and wasn't totally satisfied with how I looked, so I tried a different alternative.
 (I had to be my own photographer today.)
  Alas, the flower headband scarf!  This idea is so creative and cute!  With two different ways to wear a scarf for spring, I don't know how I'll be able to choose which look to wear.

1 comment:

  1. i want this scarf. i love it. beyond glad I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete