Sunday, February 19, 2012

Paper Flowers and Cake Stands

 
  Most of the decorations from my sister's tea party were really easy DIY's.  For example, I crafted this cake stand out of plastic dishware and a flower.  The best part is that you really could get all the materials for a low price!
  All I did was insert a plastic rose into the cup part of a plastic champagne glass.  Then I used these sticky glue circles to attach the champagne glass to the two plastic silver plates.  Voila!  A cute and whimsical cake stand.

  Now as for the paper flowers and pom-poms, all you need is some tissue paper in various colors and pipe cleaner.  Depending on how large you want your flower to be, you can cut your tissue paper into smaller squares or leave as is.  For the large pom-poms, I did not cut the tissue paper and used eight pieces for each one.  All you would have to do then is fold the paper accordion style.  Then use a piece of pipe cleaner or even floral wire to use as a stem by attaching it in the middle of the folded tissue paper.  To do this, I like to bend my floral wire or pipe cleaner to make a J-shape.  Place the tissue paper in the "U" part of the bend of your wire making sure that it is even on both sides.  Then twist the ends of your wire to secure it in place.

 
  From there, you can cut the ends of the tissue paper to make the petals look more decorative.  We have scissors with different cut patterns, so I was able to get really creative!  After you have cut the petals out, pull each piece of tissue paper apart to form a more bulbous shape.  Fluff up your flower and there you have it.




No comments:

Post a Comment