BIRTHDAYS!
Most people consider February to be the month of love, but in my family, it is definitely the month where we have the most birthdays to celebrate. Let's see here, we have my cousins, my sister, and my grandma, to name a few! My grandma's birthday comes earliest out of everyone, so Super Bowl weekend my family drove down to the bay area to take my lovely grandmother out to brunch at this great place called Toast.
(Auntie Soup, Uncle Jeff, and Mom)
(Ro and Granny)
(Dad's omelet)
(my mint lemonade)
(my delicious Reuben!)
A few short days later it was my sister's 17th birthday. Since her birthday landed on a weekday when she has school, we decided to celebrate with just our family by going out to dinner at P.F. Chang's. We decided to get a bunch of dishes to try and shared. I really liked the fried green beans we got!
(birthday girl)
(red velvet treat)
(Desperately wanted this photo to come out nicely, but failed.)
The rest of my week was spent studying, going to school, and prepping for the tea party my sister was having to celebrate her birthday with her friends. I just want to brag real quick by pointing out that it was MY brilliant idea to have a tea party :). I mean, you all remember one of my earliest posts when I first discovered Pinterest and sought to find great ideas to put together a tea party. Also, my dad and I pretty much were the geniuses behind all the decorations and food. You're welcome, little sister. I hope you had as much fun at your party as I did putting things together.
I think that since this post is a little overly infested with pictures, I will make a new post about the tea party later. I have a bunch of DIY's and recipes to share as well! So look forward to that :). Meanwhile, here is a little preview:
We did some prep work with setting things up the night before the party. I think I didn't finish things and go to bed until 3 am! Making paper flowers is fairly time consuming. I also have to admit that I'm a little anal when it comes to the decor and aesthetics.
(fruit and veggie platter)
(biscuits and chocolate buttons)
(strawberry jello cups)
(I tried to make butterflies out of carrots.)
(Some of the aftermath of hungry teenagers.)
(the group)
(chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter filling and pearlized sprinkles)
No comments:
Post a Comment