Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Carrot Butterflies, Strawberry Jello Cups, and Finger Sandwiches

  One time during class, my chef instructor showed us how to make butterflies out of carrots.  They looked so delicate and whimsical - perfect for a tea party.  I decided I had to try it out for myself.  Let me tell you, these puppies are not easy to make when you have little knife skills, but I think I did a fairly good job.  Let me know if you want to know how to make these butterflies.  If enough people are curious, maybe I will make a video tutorial sometime.


  These strawberry jello cups were a much easier feat compared to the butterflies.  All I did was hollow out the middles of whole strawberries and fill them with jello mixture.  To make sure the strawberries did not topple over when they were cooling down, I filled a bowl with rice to keep the "cups" stabilized.
   Lastly, what tea party would be complete without finger sandwiches?  Of course I made the standard peanut butter and jellies for those picky teenagers.  I also found this amazing recipe for cucumber sandwiches that has easily become one of my favorites.  So simple and so delicious at the same time.  I couldn't help but snack on a few before they got served.  Hayley seemed to have liked them a lot as well. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment