Most people that I know right now got some time off for Thanksgiving, which means that lots of friends and some family came to my neighborhood for the holiday. I was more than delighted to see everyone as much as I possibly could in the time allotted. I reconnected with an old friend who I had lost touch with, and was also able to catch up with those I have been in contact with. For being a holiday, the entire week was rather drama- and stress-free, and for that, I am thankful.
It wasn't just seeing friends that made this past week great, though. There was just a lot of positivity and inspiration for me nearly every single day. I ended up doing the Run to Feed the Hungry with my family Thanksgiving morning. It was very rainy and crowded, which did not allow us to really run, but it was still fun. I'm thankful that I did have this goal of running every day to train for this 5k because it gave me a new-found motivation to carry on with a healthier lifestyle.
As most of you have gathered from previous posts, this year has been pretty hard for me. Though I did not share every detail of my so-called hardships, I think you get the gist that times were rough for an independent 21-year old. This week gave me a lot of time to reflect on the past year - to really recognize how much I have grown. I think that is what I am most thankful for. Though my life became a little unconventional, to say the least, I'm very thankful to be given the opportunity to prove myself. I once did not realize my strength...in fact, I still don't think I know what I'm totally capable of, but I know that I will continue to surprise myself. It's just comforting to know that even when you feel like you've hit rock bottom in nearly every aspect of your life, you can still find a way to dig yourself out of that rut and change things for the better. I'm not really one who exposes my beliefs that often, and I definitely can't claim that I am very religious, but I have always believed in God. This year, He kept me alive and persevering. I am thankful that He was so close to me and helped me to realize that life has so much in store. He really opened my eyes and I feel ready to take on anything that comes my way.
Now I realize that last thought became a little too about me, so I'd like to share some other things that I'm overall always thankful for, but especially so on Thanksgiving. I am first and foremost thankful for good health, not just for myself, but for my friends, family, family of friends. I've seen a lot of people struggle with health problems, and it was nice to hear that not a lot of people were ailing this year, and that some others were actually recovering from things. I cannot stress enough how plain thankful I am just for my family. My family is my basis and I always go back to them. They have always provided me with the most support and love, and I will be eternally grateful. I also am very thankful for good friends and company. There really are a lot of good and kind people out there, and I'm so happy to call many of those people my friends.
With that thought, I'd like to share with you a little about my day yesterday. My family and I decided to spend the afternoon going to Otow's Orchard, which has become notorious for their persimmons. I must say, the land there was absolutely beautiful. It was so refreshing to be walking outside in crisp autumn air while embracing the beauty that nature provides. Also, it was a bit of a perk to get to try the different kinds of persimmons. I went a little crazy taking pictures, so I have lots to share. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment