Sunday, November 20, 2011

Habitat for Humanity

  Yesterday was pretty awesome.  My past week has been so slow and unproductive that I was just digging myself into this extremely lazy rut.  Yesterday, however, was very invigorating.  I woke up bright and early to meet my friend Danielle at her church.  Our plan of the day: building a house for Habitat for Humanity.  When we got to the site, the majority of the house had already been built and roughly painted.  It was a beautiful forest green with white trim.  Luckily it was a fairly nice day out since we weren't going to be doing anything on the inside of the house.
  We started off by rebuilding the wire fence in front.  Maybe it was a little too early for us because we seemed to have trouble doing a very easy task.  Off to a great start, right?  After getting over that molehill, we proceeded to clean the area up a little bit to make the site safer and the parts of the house that we were working on more accessible.  After that, we were given various projects and split up into groups.  Danielle and I were given the task of doing the detail painting on the house.  There was surprisingly a lot for us to do.  Our job took up the rest of the day and we still hadn't finished.  It was a lot of fun, though, and it was really nice to be spending the day outside in the sun.
  Unfortunately, I only have one picture that I took throughout the whole day, and it was on my phone...so it's not the best quality.  I guess that means that I was really hard at work rather than goofing off and taking pictures of everything?  Sure. :)
(Danielle painting)

No comments:

Post a Comment