Thursday, October 20, 2011

Interruption

  There are actually a couple other things that I was intending on blogging about, but I think that tonight I really just need to talk.  Life has been quite the struggle lately emotionally.  I'm excited and anxious, but also nervous, sad, uncomfortable, and namely...lonely.  This week I finally found a new place to live for the time being!  Instead of traveling up to two hours one way to go to work, I only need to drive 25 minutes.  Also, I don't have to pay at the toll anymore. Yes, finally time to save and hopefully not be so financially stressed.  So that all is a major plus and I'm happy to get the ball rolling.
  The reason why I have such negative feelings, however, is that I miss a lot of people.  I'm here in this completely new place where I don't know anyone.  I would have to travel 45 minutes to see my friends, which is worth it to me, but not exactly convenient to just meet up for lunch or something.  I'm also struggling in the relationship field...a lot.  Actually,  that's a huge reason as to why I'm so unhappy right now because I just found out too many bad things this weekend that deeply deeply upset me.  However, that is a whole other issue that I am not ready to completely expose here.  I mean, I really really want to rant somewhere because Katherine can only take so much of my crying and whining, but I feel like right now it would only have a negative effect.  Time will heal all, is what I believe right now, and hopefully I can find inspiration to provide you guys with happy posts that are actually interesting and useful.
  Anyway, today I had planned on having a full on me day where I could lay around in bed and be sad reading magazines and doing my nails like a normal heartbroken girl would do.  Rather, I traveled all around Washington running errands.  I went to some really sketchy places unintentionally, but also found nice areas that gave me the comfort of home.  It started off with me going to the pawn shop just to see how much some jewelry was worth.  That was interesting and I didn't spend a lot of time there.  Afterwords, I went and grabbed lunch while mapping out the rest of my day.  I desperately needed to go find a scanner to send some things to my dad.  I thought it would be best to go to the library.  This library was in downtown Tacoma, and in my opinion, downtowns are never nice.  Unfortunately, the library did not have a scanner or fax machine I could use!  So I had to find a print shop that was luckily right down the street.  The man there was very nice and excited about me starting culinary since those were the papers I was scanning.  He asked me if I would be paying in food.  I told him I would come back for him to taste test, and he ended up basically letting me scan for free.  Well, I "donated" two dollars to the company's pizza party fund.
  After scanning my papers, I had to find a place to make a copy of a key.  That place ended up being somewhere called Lakewood.  Maybe all of these places were really close to each other, but it seems like I was driving everywhere, getting lost and taking detours.  I really don't do well with getting lost, so you might understand my stress level today.  Copying my new apartment key made me feel kind of like an adult, but that feeling only lasted a few seconds because at that point I was ready to go do some "me" shopping.  I didn't go too crazy...just got a few essential cosmetics, but honestly, that was probably the best way to end the day.
  Now I am back in my little home cooking up a small pizza, fixing the toilet, and getting ready to do my nails and crawl into a warm "bed".  Look forward to my post about cinnamon pull-apart bread. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment