Generally during the Fall I like to take trips to a place back at home called "Apple Hill." However, I live in Washington now and can no longer go to Apple Hill. To keep in the spirit of being overindulged in apple delights, I decided to do a little baking today. I found this recipe. It called for the use of plums, but I decided to be adventurous and decided to use apples instead because, well, I miss Apple Hill and needed to reminisce. I actually have not tried this dessert yet, so I can't give reviews, but my friends have done nothing so far but mumble "mm's" and say that it does indeed taste good.
Also, as you all know, I'm experimental and have no problem improvising. This recipe called for vanilla sugar, but alas, I could not find this sugar in any of the grocery stores I went to today! Instead, I used regular sugar and decided to coat the apple slices in a little bit of vanilla extract. Maybe that was a wiser choice, but I will let you all decide. :)
(Alex and Katherine being my taste testers.)
No comments:
Post a Comment