Despite going through some rough times right now, I still had the urge to cook up something new. Retreating back to my go-to website for recipes, I found inspiration from Martha Stewart's Website. Tonight, I was feeling like I wanted to stick to comfort foods that were still fresh tasting, so I turned to chicken. I mean, who doesn't like chicken, right? It's sort of a staple food. The creamy mustard sauce sounded really good to me, and it wasn't like anything I'd ever made before. I'm all about flavor, and wanted to try this immediately. Besides, being of age now allows me to experiment with cooking with wine. Dangerous? Maybe, but it turned out well. I also had been having a craving to eat something with lime and cilantro flavoring. What goes better with chicken than rice? As you guys may have started to gather, I hardly ever follow cooking directions verbatim. I always like to adapt my own recipes and do that Italian thing of adding a bit of this and a splash of that rather than really measuring things out. Maybe someday that will bite me in the butt, but it hasn't so far, so I'm going to stick to my method of madness. Rather than just cooking rice with cilantro, I added the beans and corn and some other ingredients.
For those of you who are intimidated by these recipes, don't be. I hardly ever choose recipes that are too complicated or too expensive. I'm a poor college student, ok? And I'm just learning the facts about cooking anyway. This dish wasn't my best dish, to be honest, mainly because I was getting aggravated and cranky. I cooked my chicken a little too long, and my rice not long enough. However, it still came out...edible, and I definitely want to try this recipe again. My friend JT came over to try it and ate it all without complaints, so at least I know it wasn't a total disaster. I hope you all try this dish too, and let me know if you make any changes of your own! Happy cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment