Aside from playing in the park, I was a lucky girl and got to go to two baseball games this week! The second game I went to was partly for one of my friend's birthday. The Mariner's played against the Padres, and though my family has always had a soft spot for Ichiro, I helped the birthday girl root for San Diego. Besides, California has my heart, so it only seemed fitting to root for that team also.
One of the exciting things about this game was the free hats! I mean, who doesn't like free stuff? I also had my first Seattle dog at the first game I went to (Mariner's vs. Braves) this week. What's a Seattle dog, you ask? It's just a regular hot dog, but with cream cheese! Who would have thought? That concoction was so tasty!
(Keith and Kaylah)
(I was obviously ready for a photo, as always)
(Showing off the free hats)
The day after we went to the baseball game was (finally) the Fourth of July! Jimmy and I had been waiting for this day for so long! Fourth of July is probably one of the most fun holidays, but then again I'm biased and think that anything that happens in July is a ton of fun (ummm hello, my birthday?). Jimmy has a deep deep love for America and, to my distaste, country music. However, Monday morning I decided to put on some special country songs that I knew he would like, and listened to some patriotic tunes myself. I must tell you, though, it wasn't the music swelling our hearts with pride that made us excited. It wasn't knowing that we were going to stuff our faces all day with delicious food that made us excited. It wasn't the lighting of fireworks and watching them boom in the air that made us excited. It was our outfits!
(Jimmy definitely had me beat with his outfit)
I like to think that I was pretty decked out in red, white, and blue gear (too bad I don't have a good close-up of my visor), but Jimmy takes the cake for garnering the most attention and going, dare I say it, balls to the wall all out!
We started our day off by going to our friends' (Wayne, Ryan, and Dre) BBQ at the park. Always a good time with lots of football-throwing, rib-eating, and birdie-swatting (badminton reference) fun. We spent the majority of our day there, but eventually it became time to head to another friend's house for the fireworks lighting! Fireworks in Washington seem to be a lot better than in California. There were shapes and color combinations that I had never seen before back home! Also, a bigger variety of fireworks are legal here in Washington, so Jimmy had a lot of fun with that. I think of my favorite parts about the night was when Jimmy and I were walking along the street back to our car and a big firework boomed about 30 feet directly above us. It was the best way to end my Fourth of July.
No comments:
Post a Comment