Saturday we spent the morning recovering from a long night filling up on fast food and hiding from the sun. By nighttime, we had to get out of the house even though it was dark by that time, so we decided to go bowling. Not only did we get to go bowling, it was basically disco bowling with our own DJ. I think we were all too busy having fun and enjoying ourselves that we didn't really focus on our bowling techniques. I'll have to admit that that wasn't my best game I've had.
Since we had such a lazy Saturday, we all agreed to have a more productive, but still fun Sunday. We were planning on going to the fair again, but the only reason why we wanted to go was so that Troy could get a fried Snickers. Also, we already had plans to spend the afternoon golfing, so we had to get the ball rolling. I used to play golf with my mom when I was a kid. She made me take lessons or took me to the driving range, and even had me try out for the Varsity team at my high school. Even though I made the team, golf really isn't my favorite sport. I actually used to hate it, but I've matured now and I'd like to think that I have a little more patience. I was actually pretty excited to go, even though I know I'm not very good at all...ok I'm decent. I can get a few good shots with the driver and the nine is probably my favorite iron. Otherwise, I definitely could use some practice. I think the boys were surprised that I was even that advanced! We played best ball on pretty much every round, and I beat all of them once! Go me! It was a long nearly five hours of playing, and both mine and Katherine's hands started to get calloused and worn, but I wouldn't have wanted to spend my Sunday any other way.
Tim and I really wanted to cook dinner after golf, but the other boys were too tired and just wanted to order pizza. We ended up getting ingredients anyway and planned our chicken Parmesan, ratatouille, and homemade Caesar salad feast for Monday night. I had the easy parts of making the chicken and ratatouille, but I guess it was only easy for me because those are sort of my signature dish at this point in my culinary career. Neither Tim nor I had ever made Caesar dressing before, so this was going to be quite the experience. We found a recipe that called for using egg as the base, but we realized that that made our dressing very liquidy and not as flavorful. We're all about sauces and dressings that are a little heartier and creamier, so Tim immediately looked up a new recipe that used mayonnaise instead. That dressing was to die for. Tim might have gone a little overboard on the garlic, but I really like my Caesar dressing to be a little more potent. It was absolutely delicious. In fact, I'm starting to drool right now. Overall, a very delicious and successful dinner. If only I had pictures just to show you how great it was as well. Maybe next time.
Now onto Tuesday. I began my day with going on another 7A.M. run with Troy and Nala. He is currently on leave, so we've been able to spend a lot of time together. Later this afternoon I received a phone call for another job interview at a coffee shop. Believe me, I could really use this second job, so hopefully they hire me and I can get to work quick! After my phone call, Troy and I went to the pet store. As you all know, I have a small aquarium with one frog Joon since Benny died last summer. Actually, I forgot to mention that Joon got a new tank! Tim ended up cracking Joon's old tank when he was pitching pennies (stupid) and felt guilty, so he bought her a very chic tank. Joon is now rolling in style. She should probably go on MTV "Cribs". Anyway, I was originally looking for some colorful fish to put in the tank, but all the fish either required different kinds of food or a different environment than Joon, so I decided to just get her a sister frog. This little lady is quite the whopper! She is probably twice the size of Joon at this point. After thinking for a while, Troy and I came up with the name of Violet for her. Here are some pictures of my new family and their new home.
(This tank can be mounted on the wall. I also really like the open top feature.)
(Joon on bottom and Violet on top.)
(Violet checking herself out in the mirror.)
No comments:
Post a Comment