Monday, August 29, 2011

Fall Representation

  Well, compared to what I'm used to in California, I didn't get much of a summer here in Washington.  In fact, it looks pretty overcast this morning which only makes me want to sip on a salted hot chocolate from Starbucks and listen to Adele and A Fine Frenzy.  I was dreading the oncoming of fall because I am trying to hold onto every last bit of summer that I can, but I can't help it.  Fall is my favorite season.  I love everything that it represents.  The change of colors and the start of a new year.  Yes, my years start fresh in the fall.  Maybe that's because that's when school usually starts, but I always feel refreshed and ready to take on anything new when Fall comes around.  With a new mindset, I better be thinking about my new wardrobe right?
  Grey has ALWAYS been a favorite color of mine.  In fact, my family always says that I need to get more sunshine (despite being fairly tan this summer for poor weather) because I wear grey constantly...year-round.  It's just so comfortable and goes with everything, and I can wear pretty much every shade.  However, this year I'm going to try to wear more color, even if it's just a pop of neon in a scarf or something.  I need to break out of that comfort zone.
  Some of my favorite things to wear in the fall, besides pallets of grey, would have to be anything incorporating leather or chunky materials and denim, and of course, lots of hardware.  I don't think I've ever been much of a girly girl when it comes to my outfits.  I think that all the frills and delicate details and pastel colors are really pretty, but I never quite felt totally myself whenever I wore such things.  I definitely prefer a more masculine and edgy sort of look.  Here are some of my top picks!

No comments:

Post a Comment